Download the setup program from the website. In case you have 64-bit system, you might also download 64-bit setup. It will give you more freedom to create larger and more complicated projects.
You can always use the latest version of Room Arranger, as the updates are free.
Run the installer.
Projects, samples, user library:
Temp data, unpacked projects:
Shared texture libraries:
We test the application only with the latest version of macOS, although it might theoretically work on Mac OS X 10.7. Only 64-bit version is provided.
- Open downloaded dmg file.
- Drag the Room Arranger icon to Applications (this will copy all necessary files)
- Eject dmg file in Finder, and delete it (it is no longer needed)
In case the systems does not allow to install applications outside of Mac App Store, enable it in Preferences
The application is compiled and tested on Ubuntu Linux, but it should work on any other distribution as well. Only 64-bit version is provided.
- Unpack downloaded tar.gz file
- Open Terminal, and go to directory where you unpacked the file
- Run the install script
cd rooarr-setup ./install.sh
The script does not require root privileges and does following:
- moves all binary files into hidden directory
- creates subdirectory in your Documents folder for the sample projects
- adds icons to
- adds application desktop file in
~/.local/share/applicationsand on your desktop
It uses locations and formats as defined in freedesktop.org.